[OpenLayers-Users] Proportional Symbol Mapping

mpriour mpriour at kestrelcomputer.com
Fri Apr 4 09:46:19 EDT 2008

Bjorn
The correct way to handle this is to attach an event handler to the endzoom
event.
This event should manage the size of the symbols so that they are
propotionally sized.
Choose the zoom level at which the symbol renders at the right proportion,
this will be your refernece zoom level. Then size the symbol propotionally
the ratio of resolution @ current zoom level / resolution @ reference zoom
level. Depending on the event firing order, you may also need to call
redraw() on your vector layer.
Matt