[OpenLayers-Users] TMS Layer origin and bounding box

Gérald Quintana gerald.quintana at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 12:03:47 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have generated TMS pictures with the gdal2tiles.py tool from a
PNG+WLD. I got a tilemapresource.xml and PNG named x/y/z.png with
x<5,y<10 and z<10. I placed them on my webserver and added a TMS layer
to my OL map.

But I can see with FireBug that OL is looking for pictures like
0/1258/973.png that I don't have. I guess that OL doesn't read the
tilemapresource.xml and I have to tell him the origin and bounding box
of the tiles. I tried to set the maxExtent and tilesOrigin attributes
of the TMS layer, but it doesn't help.

Could you tell me what I should do? I presume it's obvious.
Thanks,
Gerald