[OpenLayers-Users] geometry.getLength() returns what format

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 09:29:42 EDT 2008

The reason why you were advised not to use this code in a production
environnement is probably because it comes from a sandbox.
As you probably already know, sandboxes are there to let developers
play with OpenLayers code and new features.

That said, the considered code may still need work, or may be based on
an old version of OpenLayers. It will therefore be somewhat difficult
to upgrade to a new OpenLayers version (2.6 when it will be out for
example) when you'll need to.
I think that there's no other constraints. And you're free to use this
code either way.
You just need to be aware of what precautions you'll have to follow.

For this particular feature (measuring tools), it would have been
easier if they were provided as an OpenLayers addin. But I'm pretty
sure that addins came after this code was initially written.

Regards,
Pierre