[OpenLayers-Users] [Feature style] Dashed border style

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 05:14:58 EDT 2008

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that this is something OpenLayers will
never address.
The main reason is that OpenLayers vector renderers rely on SVG for
Firefox/Safari browsers and VML for InternetExplorer.
I had a look into it a while ago, and, as far as I know, none of those
browsers rendering engine support border styles (pattern).

As for Firefox, patterns are supported by SVG but Firefox doesn't
implement the patterns.
http://developer-stage.mozilla.org/en/docs/SVG_in_Firefox

Regards,
Pierre