[OpenLayers-Users] Can Openlayers read a GML from a webservice?

Carlos Pinto cmspinto at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 12:51:45 EDT 2008

Hi all,

sorry if it is a stupid question.
But unfortunately I can't install mapserver because the IT department don't
allow.
So the solution I have found is make the query to the database and write a
GML file. After that I pass the URL of the file to OpenLayers.
But I thought, maybe instead of writing the GML file I can have a webservice
and tell OpenLayers to receive the layer from the webservice, this way it
would be faster.
I understand that in a normal situation openlayers would use mapserver or
geoserver instead of calling a webservice.

Has anyone made this before?

Thanks

Carlos