[OpenLayers-Users] a control to display a static image

Gilles Bassière gilles.bassiere at makina-corpus.com
Thu Apr 10 11:26:35 EDT 2008

Hi list,

Is there a Layer or a Control in OpenLayers to display a simple static
image in the map pane ?

What I need is actually is to superimpose an image on the map. I want to
use this to draw a North Arrow. I though about using the new Attribution
feature (which is great!) but it's layer-dependant. I want my image to
be displayed anytime.

I can't find anything that fulfil my needs in the API doc. Did I miss
something? Should I develop a new Control for this?

Regards
Gilles

--
Gilles Bassiere