[OpenLayers-Users] style externalGraphic and WFS new vector layer

2StepForward kwegezeder at web.de
Mon Apr 14 08:41:56 EDT 2008

Hi all,

and first nice to work with OL. Many things of what I will do work's as good
as could,
but with one thing I get on my bounds and need some help from you.

I will use my own server side images with OL. It works great with a vector
layer and a
vector feature, where the style is set to externalGraphic: "........" and
many other style defines.
Also the dragging mechanism works fine.

Now I have a consideration, but I don't know if it's true. If a WFS layer
was defined as a new vector layer, meens without a featureClass definition,
than all features of that WFS layer has a predefined style. If that true,
and my debugger say yes, than it will be possible to add the
externalGraphic, and a reference to my images on the server side, attribute
to every style of the features.

Is this consideration absurd, or is it a possibility to work with WFS
features in mode of vector and combine it with external graphics of my own?

Thanks,
Klaus