[OpenLayers-Users] possible to enable pan when mouse is over a feature?

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 15:08:16 EDT 2008

Hi all, I've tried searching but haven't quite found what I'm looking for so
I hope this isn't a repeat post.

I have all the US counties displayed as features from featureserver in an
openlayers map.
My problem is, every spot on the map always displays a feature (counties are
everywhere), so if the user clicks anywhere on the map, it's the same thing
as selecting a feature.
If clicking anywhere on the map selects a feature, the only way to pan is
using the arrows.
Example: http://pocus.wustl.edu/wfs/

Anyone know if it's possible to disable the select and force a pan, maybe
using the shift key or any other modifier or maybe another icon somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
-Ed