[OpenLayers-Users] possible to enable pan when mouse is over a feature?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Apr 14 16:10:44 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 02:08:16PM -0500, Ed Fialkowski wrote:
> Anyone know if it's possible to disable the select and force a pan, maybe
> using the shift key or any other modifier or maybe another icon somewhere?

Yes, this is what the Control.Panel is designed for: see
NavigationToolbar, EditingToolbar, etc. Also, most of the OpenLayers
examples of controls do this in a way that you can replicate at the
application level. I suggest looking at the examples to get a feel for
the way to do this, or at the panel.html for an example of creating your
own panel.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta