[OpenLayers-Users] Maximum extent shrinks when zooming in

John Westwood John.Westwood at port.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 18:34:39 EDT 2008

Hi, I am using OpenLayers with Tilecache and MapServer. When I zoom into
the map the right and top maximum extents of the map shrink. This does
not happen with every zoom, it seems to occur every alternate zoom. The
left and bottom extents are not affected.

Initially, I thought it could be a Tilecache issue, so I disabled that
but it did not help. I also tried setting maxResolution to auto rather
than 8000.0, but that didn't work either. Specifying a resolutions array
also did not solve the problem.

My map is in LCC-ETRS89 projection (epsg:3034) and my maxExtent is
600000, 600000, 6000000, 6000000. I have numZoomLevels set to 12.

Another weird thing I noticed is that when I alter my maxExtent by a
small amount (eg +- 100000) then the extent of the map may not change.
It will only change if I specify a larger change in the maxExtent. I
don't know if that is related to the problem.

Does anybody have any ideas how to fix this or what could be causing the
problem? Have I discovered a bug in OpenLayers? :)

Please help!