[OpenLayers-Users] [work] Best practices

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Thu Apr 17 12:15:41 EDT 2008

 From my perspective as a struggling user, this is a GREAT idea! I will
be happy to contribute to maintenance, and eventually to content,
although at the moment I think my practices are better characterized as
"worst" rather than "best".

Along this same line of thought, I am wondering why OpenLayers doesn't
have a Documentation Team (distinct from the developers). There is a
need to provide more help to the lower-level users, and documentation
written by the developer tends to be difficult for these users because
the developer is so familiar with the application that they tend to
leave out or gloss over a lot of details that are obvious to them, but
not to the rest of us.

Tara

--
My e-mail delivery has been unreliable lately, so I am asking for
return receipts from all my email messages.

Tara Athan
Principal, Alternatives to Invasive Species
tara_athan [AT] alt2is.com
707-485-1198
PO Box 415
Redwood Valley, CA 95470