[OpenLayers-Users] Layer.clone()

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Apr 26 20:13:33 EDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 06:06:53PM -0600, Matt Williamson wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Questions about Layer.clone(): Is it supposed to work? I'm having
> major problems with it. My use-case is, I have a set of pre-defined
> layers in an included .js file, but I want users to be able to add
> multiple maps to a page, two or more of which may use the same layer.

Without doing any specific research, I will say that Layer.WMS clone
should work, and I'm surprised it doesn't, but ingenerla that lcone is
one of the less commonly used methods, and I'm not entirely surprised
that it's not working for you.

Patches, are of course, welcome: there are no known outstanding issues
with loning, but we don't use it often, so I wouldn't be surprised to
hear bugs.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta