[OpenLayers-Users] CloudAmber drop shadow

Erik Uzureau euzuro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 12:55:00 EDT 2008

This is unfortunately the very gap that keeps most of the good work that people
do in the community from getting re-absorbed into the project.

It is unusual that folks have the time or resources to develop
*general* solutions
to problems they encounter when using OL (or any other FOSS project, I would
venture to say). The goal is generally solving the task at hand rather
than forming
a universal solution that might be helpful to others.

And that, of course, is nobody's fault. The only way to overcome it is
to convince
our managers that a little extra effort to give things back to the
community is a
worthwhile proposition: no simple task, indeed.

Just taking the step you did to write to the mailing list with your
work is more than
most people do and a great help as it is. If you could spend the time
to get your
work into a ticket in trac with a straightforward patch, it would be
even better... but
as I've said above, even just the email to the list is a generous gesture.

-e