[OpenLayers-Users] Not change the size o polygons with zoom change

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Aug 1 09:21:38 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 08:39:54AM +0200, Jose A. C. wrote:
> I'm making a map, and I need to create polygons on it that don´t change its
> size when the zoom of the map change. I don´t use a mark because I need to
> rotate it.

Sounds like you want this:

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/graphic-name.html

There's a set of constants in OpenLayers.Renderer.symbol  in
OpenLayers.Renderer.Elements which you could extend.

> I have another problem:  I draw different layers with different units and
> when it is draw the size of the figure is the same in spite of  having
> different measures unit (Km and inches). The code is:

The units of the layer have no control over anything. Your units you are
providing are *map* units -- and the *name* you give to those units is
irrelevant. What you want to do is change the size of the units. If you
want to create something that's a different size, you need to provide
the correct size in current map units. (Your map is probably in
degrees.)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta