[OpenLayers-Users] iPhone, OpenLayers and mobile safari

Joseph Gentle josephg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 23:35:45 EDT 2008

Hi everyone!

I'm working on making openlayers work on the iphone for a project of
mine. I should be done by the end of the week. I'll BSD my changes and
post a followup + patch on this list once its working.

For native iphone applications, I'm sure you can get better
performance out of a native maps library. I'm not sure how much
performance difference there is. Hopefully javascript will be good
enough; but we won't know until we try.

Kudos to all the developers of openlayers. I'm very impressed with the
codebase. I'm new to javascript, but the code is very readable and
pleasantly accessible.

Stay tuned!

-J