[OpenLayers-Users] Loading WMC layers at overlays?

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Thu Aug 7 01:51:11 EDT 2008

Hi Joost,

you can pass layerOptions to the Format.WMC constructor in order to do
this. Code example:

mapfish.OGCUtil.readWMC = function(map, response, noZoom) {
    var format = new OpenLayers.Format.WMC({layerOptions: {isBaseLayer:
false, singleTile: true, buffer: 0,ratio: 1}});

    // remove all layers except the baselayer
    for (var i = map.layers.length-1; i >= 0; i--) {
        if (!map.layers[i].isBaseLayer) {
            map.removeLayer(map.layers[i], false);

    map = format.read(response.responseText, {map: map});

Best regards,
Bart