[OpenLayers-Users] openlayers does not show shapefile

George Mu'ammar george at muammar.net
Thu Aug 7 07:15:50 EDT 2008

Hi,

I can't get through to your server but I suspect the mapfile is not
configured correctly. I don't think shp2img is a valid test, the
shapefile may not show on your map because of an extent problem.
If you see any PNG from the WMS server it means that OL is working ok.
The problem is with the WMS.

Try this in Firefox, Tools -> View Page Info, Click on Media Tab and
look at the properties of the images listed there.

Hope that helps.
George

FCampos wrote:
> Hi,
> i´m haviing trouble to show a simple shapefile frmo a wms server
> (mapserver).
>
> Here is the mapfile
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p18867858/test.map test.map
>

> if i make shp2img -m test.map -o test.png -all_debug 10 the image is made,
> so it´s not from mapserver.
>
> the openlayers code is:
>
> 	    map = new OpenLayers.Map( 'map' );
> 		var layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "SHAPEFILE",
>
> "http://172.18.210.67:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/wmssrvrefer/test.map&service=WMS",
> {'layers': 'Cont_Freg_CAOP2008_HG73' , 'format':'image/png'});
>         map.addLayer(layer);
>

> the image shows only the background.
> what´s wrong ?
>
> Thanks.

Proxy scanned this message.... no virus found!