[OpenLayers-Users] tile server for custom tiles always needed?

Jens Herrmann openlayers at bikelab.org
Thu Aug 7 12:01:09 EDT 2008

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
 > What do you mean by "this doesn't work?" There is no reason it
 > shouldn't (but be aware that "Layer.OSM" is provided by
 > OpenStreetMap's Javascript file, and is not included in OpenLayers by
 > default).
It means the tiles are not loaded, there is no map to see. I startet
with the code of the "Map Controls Example"
(http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/controls.html) and I have now
inserted the code fragments from the description you mentioned
(http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/UsingCustomTiles).
But for some reason it still does not work. If you want to have a look
on the code it is here: http://www.bikelab.org/cammap/index.html

Regards
Jens