[OpenLayers-Users] Seams in my imagery

Matthew Atkins Matthew.Atkins at loyola.com
Tue Aug 12 11:52:31 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 09:29:01AM -0400, Matthew Atkins wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I have some imagery that is projected in WGS84 + UTM Zone which is
> showing some "seams" along the grid lines when I use OpenLayers as my
> viewer. I believe that this is a problem with the WMS provider (ESRI's
> wmsconnector) but they have told me that they do not support 3rd party
> viewers (OL) so I am stuck in a quandary.

1. I would recommend trying a 'gutter' property of 10px or so, if it's
   just tile edges causing the problem.

Brilliant! The gutter looks like it will be a great solution to this
problem. Now, the only thing is how do I get this to work with my
TileCache? I changed the "size" of the tile expected in the
tilecache.cfg accordingly but I am getting an error saying "couldn't
calculate tile index". Any thoughts?

Regards,
Wally Atkins