[OpenLayers-Users] Map won't zoom to full extent

Semantica jvanulde at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Aug 21 18:44:46 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I submittted a related post earlier.  I am loading a web map context
document into a map.  I am setting the map extent to context.bounds but no
dice.  I have tried setting the map extent to format.context.bounds but got
a null reference error.  Here is the relavant code:

        function initMap()
        {

            // parse wmc into context object
            var wmc = document.getElementById('hidWMC').value;

            if(wmc)
            {

                context = format.read(wmc, {map: map});

                for (var i=0; i<context.layers.length;i++)
                {
                  var layer = context.layers[i];
                  layer.params.TRANSPARENT = 'TRUE';
                }

                // construct a map
                var mapOptions = {
                    maxExtent: context.bounds,
                    projection: context.srs
                    };

                map = new OpenLayers.Map("map", mapOptions);

                // create a fake base layer
                var baseLayerOptions = {
                    isBaseLayer: true,
                    displayInLayerSwitcher: false
                    };

                var fake = new OpenLayers.Layer('fake', baseLayerOptions);
                map.addLayer(fake);

                // add the context layers to the map
                map.addLayers(context.layers);

                // zoom to the maximum extent
                map.zoomToMaxExtent();

Here is a screenshot:  http://n2.nabble.com/file/n741546/screenshot.png
screenshot.png

Any ideas on how I can get the map to zoom the the extent of the context
document?

Thank you in advance!