[OpenLayers-Users] resoloution and tile x and y

Kenny France kenny at xarex.com
Fri Aug 29 13:49:40 EDT 2008

Hi Guys,

Im finally getting somewhere with the help of Chris Adams (Thanks Again)

I have a map gererated, that is going to ultimatly grab image tiles from my
server

I now know that if my tile is 300 Px and i need a resoloution of 5,12 dd the
calculation is
5.12 / 300 = 0.017066667

In my sample i am simply displaying the pink tiles for now, but it is trying
to pull from my url, using the getfile function in the example

so it shows get_tile.php?z=1&x=21&y=28

where z = zoom
x = tile number in the x position
y = tile number in the y position

No by knowing the zoom level tile number etc, how could i calculate the
center lat/lng of the tile needed?
I thought it would be simple but how will i figure out if the lat/lng are
negitive values

Please help me once again

K-

  _____

It has removed 38312 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>  for free now!