[OpenLayers-Users] New FAQ site; feedback?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Aug 30 09:31:16 EDT 2008

One of the things I've realized as I've helped users is that although we
have an FAQ, we have very limited feedback on whether the FAQ is helping
people.

Additionally, each time we use the FAQ to answer something, we typically
include a bit of additional information: for example, when we answer
ProxyHost questions, we often lead into a mailing list discussion of how
to set up a Proxy on various platforms, and so on.

In an effort to collect this information, I've built a quick Django app
to keep our FAQ information in.

  http://faq.openlayers.org/

  http://faq.openlayers.org/misc/why-doesnt-openlayers-work-with-jquery/

This FAQ has:
 * Voting (did this help you)
 * References to use of the FAQ (manually added)

I'm willing to take any feedback that people like on this; I'm not
entirely attached to the new way of doing things (yet), but in talking
to Erik (our primary FAQ maintainer) this seemed to tickle his fancy, so
I'm hoping that we can come up with something that allows us to get a
bit more interactivity from people looking for the FAQ.

Thoughts and feedback are welcome; code is in
http://svn.openlayers.org/project/gallery.openlayers.org/openlayers/faq/
for the Django Devs in the audience.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone interested,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta