[OpenLayers-Users] Adding popups to vector features

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Dec 10 13:32:58 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 01:23:20PM -0500, Heidt, Christopher M. wrote:
> Very valid point.
> All I was really going for was a popup on select, so for me id probably
> try to tie cursor position into it.
> Perhaps that's more like a vector tooltip?

Right, so your question is "how can I create a popup on selecting a
feature that is appropriately positioned", which is a different question
than whether a vector feature should have a createPopup method.

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/sundials.html creates a popup in a
selectfeature callback; It is probably possible to take the evt.xy from
the select feature callback (I believe I've done that before).

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta