[OpenLayers-Users] HTTP protocol with featureserver

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Wed Dec 10 14:58:42 EST 2008

Hi Andreas,

  First, many many thanks for your time !  I'm so glad you answered...

Andreas Hocevar wrote:

> I am not sure how the FeatureServer response after a commit looks like.
> To investigate that further, you should set a breakpoint in
> Protocol.Save::onCommit. response.reqFeatures should contain the
> features you commited. response.insertIds should contain the fids
> assigned by FeatureServer, in the same order.

That I did already.  response.insertIds never gets populated.  It does
with WFST, by the "InsertResult" on handleCommit, but there's nothing
for that with HTTP.

Plus, WFST always uses GML, correct ?  So it's ok to use "InsertResult",
but in my example I can actually set the format.  So in my opinion it
would be wrong to have Protocol.HTTP handles the results... or if should
be different depending on the format used...  I dunno...

About Protocol.Save : I already noticed that I could simply check if
insertIds is empty after this line
 var insertIds = response.insertIds || [];

if it's empty, I can just look directly in the response.priv.reponseText
and using a regex I could build an array of IDs, but I know that's not
where that should be.  The Save strategy should be standard, not
specific to some formats...

Any more hints ?

--
Alexandre Dubé