[OpenLayers-Users] wfs feature geometry based on one attribute value

Lehtonen, Mika mika at digikartta.net
Wed Dec 10 18:34:20 EST 2008

Hi,

what is the easiest and the less performance consuming method to
retrieve a geometry (actually the bounds would be enough) if I know an
attribute value on that particular feature and I also know that there is
only one feature having that particular attribute value? Layer is WFS
and is already loaded.

So what I want is that when the user fills in the attribute field and
submits the form, he/she gets the geometry zoomed to fit. (Actually
that's not so simple, but with that I do my testing.)

- mika -