[OpenLayers-Users] Cluster strategy and extract attributes?

Joanne Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 10:26:04 EST 2008

Dear All,

I have implemented a cluster strategy for WFS points on my map, as per the example in the documentation. It might just be me, but to get it to work at all I had to swap from using OpenLayers.Layer.WFS to OpenLayers.Layer.Vector, with a Protocol statement to make up the URL. When I tried to add in the "extractAttributes: true" parameter, my page didn't display, though it worked fine if I took that statement out. However, if I still want to be able to click on a point (when I'm down to points representing single sites) and get information, is it possible to do that at all? Currently my attributes in the popup just show us as "undefined". Was I right to change from Layer.WFS to Layer.Vector?

Thanks for all your help

Jo

Joanne Cook
Senior IT Support and Development