[OpenLayers-Users] Adding a new feature with different graphics

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Fri Dec 12 16:44:06 EST 2008

Hi All,

I'm playing with something similar to
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/vector-formats.html and I was
wondering what the approach is if I want to allow users to add e.g.
points on an existing layer.vector object but with a different symbol.
The idea is that I would like objects updated to an OL vector layer but
not yet committed back to the server to show up in a different symbol
than the rest of the features of the layer.

One option I thought was to use an independent feature.vector object and
then call the features it contains when committing to the layer.vector I
want to update.  After committing, I would erase the feature.vector.
Does that make sense ?

Cheers,

Yves