[OpenLayers-Users] clipping tile boundaries for TMS layer

scott ellington scott.ellington at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:01:30 EST 2008

Hi folks,

I am interested in overlaying a TMS layer that is a subset of the map
boundaries.  Currently, I just get broken image icons on the areas
outside of my extents and I'd like to avoid that.  I have found the
following thread which seems to imply that having a TMS with a
different max extent is not yet possible:

http://openlayers.org/pipermail/users/2008-April/005449.html

Is this still the case?  If so, I am thinking of overriding the getURL
property and clipping out tile requests programmatically.  I had to do
the same thing for google maps:

http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Maps-API/browse_thread/thread/89378c0a01b8746c?hl=en

Anyone else had experience with this?

Thanks,