[OpenLayers-Users] Static image skewed when using Layer.Image

Andrew Nicolaou Andrew.Nicolaou at bbc.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 04:36:48 EST 2008

Hi,

I have a static image of the UK in mercator projection [1] and would like to overlay points onto it using  OpenLayers.Layer.Image().

I've used the Image Layer example [2] as a starting point but the static image looks skewed when displayed [3] -- it's proportions seem wrong when compared to the source image.

When I overlay the points from a GeoRSS feed they broadly appear in the correct place [4] although some are out at sea.

I've checked the bounds of the map are correct and the size matches the size of the image. The example mentions the "resolution" being calculated based on the extent/size but I don't know enough about how this works to change it.

Can anyone explain, or please point me in the direction of some resources so I can learn more about how to make it display correctly?

Many thanks,
Andrew

[1] http://andrewn.github.com/ol_geo_image/georeference.gif
[2] http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/image-layer.html