[OpenLayers-Users] Projection issues

Neil Fincham neil at asdf.co.nz
Sun Dec 28 18:17:10 EST 2008

Hi All,

I feel as if I have been hit particularly hard with the stupid stick this
morning ;) .

I need to make a map in epsg:2193 (NZGD2000 / New Zealand Transverse
Mercator 2000) so I made a quick map file with a simple grid on it for
testing purposes ( http://dev.asdf.co.nz/Grid.map ) and then test it through
the CGI
(http://dev.asdf.co.nz/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/dev.asdf.co.nz/web/
Grid.map&mode=map ).  All working so far.

Next I through together a simple OpenLayers app to get my grid up and then
start adding layers, that can be found here ( http://dev.asdf.co.nz/  ) but
my grid has disappeared!  To make things stranger I turn off all the options
(Basically a restrictExtent) and the map is still blank BUT if you click
into in for a bit you will find lots of "globes" floating around down there.

It basically comes down to my lack of knowledge about projections etc but
can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Neil