[OpenLayers-Users] Programatically hiding layers

David H. McCoy davidhmccoy at COX.NET
Fri Feb 1 12:32:06 EST 2008

Hello everyone!
  I have a baselayer that is an instance of OpenLayers.Map. I then added a
Google layer, then an Image layer, and finally, a Marker layer.

Then the app starts up, it displays a Google Map with a set of markerts.
When you click on a marker, I want to hide the Google map layer, and display
the Image layer. However, using setVisibility(false) hides the Google layer,
but setVisibility(true) doesn't reveal the Image layer.

When you look at the LayerSwitcher control, the Google layer is still
selected. Switching to the Image layer, of course, shows the image layer.

Is there a way to programatically switch from one layer to another? What am
I missing?

Thanks!