[OpenLayers-Users] Zooming in IE6 only when using alert()

Jana Golinowski jgolinowski at codematix.de
Thu Feb 7 07:09:46 EST 2008

Hello list,

I've got a weird zomming problem with IE6. Zooming is done by onclick events using zoomIn, zoomOut etc. of OpenLayers.Map. Firefox is doing great, IE7 also. In IE6 zooming will only work with ZoomBox and a slider zoom, otherwise the images are not loaded.
During debugging I recognized that IE6 is loading the layers correctly if the onclick function contains alert('foo');
I tried some other functions instead of alert(), but none made IE6 do what it should do.

Does this problem sound familiar to someone? I'm getting quite despaired.

Greetings, Jana.