[OpenLayers-Users] Selecting features through box

Andrea Maschio andrea.maschio at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 02:16:44 EST 2008

Il giorno 08/feb/08, alle ore 06:27, "Andreas Hocevar" <andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
 > ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Andrea Maschio
> <andrea.maschio at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all, i would select some features from a wms layer with s polygon
>> but I have no idea on how to accomplish this task.
>
> WMS does not provide you anything helpful for that task. But if your
> server is also configured as WFS, you can issue a WFS
> GetFeatureRequest with a bbox filter.

Ok. So I could get the Bbox extent from the polygon? It seems to me
that it is not possible to make this selection through anything
different from a rectangle..

I mean: if my polygon is a rectangle rotated, how could I calculate
the bbox extent? But anyway this would be a minor issue, if I could
get the bbox extent. Cold I make this calling the toBBox() function on
the polygon? Of course I should have one polygon at a time..

If this is not implemented, wouldn't it be a useful feature?

Regards,

Andrea