[OpenLayers-Users] Modifying WFS Polygons

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Feb 11 09:20:50 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 04:11:59AM -0800, Jon Britton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to edit WFS features using OpenLayers. I've been using the demo
> at http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/modify-feature.html as a reference.
> This demo allows the the editing of features stored in a vectors layer. When
> I try the same thing on a WFS layer the modify feature control does nothing
> (it just selects the feature).
>
> Is it possible to edit WFS features in a similar way to a vector layer then
> use WFS-T to save the changes?

WFS features are no different than standard vector features in this
sense. Ican't imagine a reason you wouldn't be able to do this.

Our WFS-T support is rather weak; don't plan on it working 'out of the
box', but it should be possible to put something together in the way you
envision with some work. (And of course, Patches welcome.)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta