[OpenLayers-Users] Coordinates systems transformations?

David E. Reksten der at dod.no
Wed Feb 13 09:36:46 EST 2008

This is how I reproject LL to UTM32:

    var destProj = new Proj4js.Proj(map.getProjection()); // Euref89 UTM32
    var sourceProj = new Proj4js.Proj("EPSG:4326"); // WGS84 LonLat
    var position = new OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(lon, lat);
    Proj4js.transform(sourceProj, destProj, position);

Thereafter, position.x and position.y will contain the reprojected coordinates.

Using trunk versions of OL and Proj4js. Hope this helps.

.david