[OpenLayers-Users] Status of Feature Editor

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Tue Feb 19 00:02:56 EST 2008

Hey-

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my first post to the this list, so first I'd like to say
> hello to all.
>
> I've got interested in the feature editor prototype or demo
> available at
>
> http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/tschaub/wfsv/feature-editor.html
>
> Could anyone give some overview about this project,
> its status and roadmap?

I put together the WFSV sandbox to demonstrate some of the versioning
capabilities in GeoServer.  The demo was somewhat hastily put together
prior to FOSS4G to be used in a talk there.  I abandoned that sandbox
demo in favor of this one:
http://sigma.openplans.org/~tschaub/wfsv/feature-editor.html

I haven't touched this since FOSS4G (and I see an issue with it now that
needs addressing).

> Will it be included in the official OpenLayers release or it's
> completely separate work, or OL extension?

It would be nice to have a basic feature editor application as an
OpenLayers addin.  The one above is quite specific to the versioning
capabilities in GeoServer.  I'm interested in making a more generic
version - and one with a bit simpler workflow.

> Basically, I'm looking for general information of it,
> from the position of potential user :)
>
> Thanks in advance for any info.

Let me know (off the list if you'd like) if you have any other questions.

Tim