[OpenLayers-Users] encoding problem with legend from Mapserver

Maria Panagou snowdrop at ath.forthnet.gr
Thu Feb 21 13:07:50 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to display a legend in my OL app from Mapserver using
GetLegendGraphic Request. The problem is I can't get the class name display
correctly (it is in ISO-8859-7 charset). In my mapfile I've specified the
following concerning the legend:

LEGEND
   IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
   OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
   KEYSIZE 20 20
   STATUS ON
    LABEL
    ENCODING ISO-8859-7
    TYPE TRUETYPE
    FONT 'arial-greek'
    SIZE 10
    OFFSET 5 -5
    END
 END

I get the legend in my html (which is a mapserver wms query template) using:

http://gaia.dbnet.ece.ntua.gr/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=../htdocs/mpanagou/Quakes_filter.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetLegendGraphic&LAYER=Quakes&Format=image/png

Additionally I have specified in the html head:

both for my header and template html files.

Despite that, the characters of the class name aren't displayed correctly.

I would much appreciate any help.Thank you in advance,

Maria