[OpenLayers-Users] vectors atop of GoogleMaps in FF

Maria Panagou snowdrop at ath.forthnet.gr
Sun Feb 24 19:37:44 EST 2008

hello,

I have a similar situation here, where my wfs features don't align correctly
with a Google map. Moreover I have a mousedown event on my wfs through which
some attributes are shown on the right hand of the map. When I zoom with the
zoombar (one by one zoomlevel), mousedown event works nice but if I zoom
with a window tool I get an error from element.js saying

geometry has no properties
http://gaia.dbnet.ece.ntua.gr/OpenLayers-2.5/lib/OpenLayers/Renderer/Elements.js
Line 113

you can checkout the behavior in

http://gaia.dbnet.ece.ntua.gr/mpanagou/Query results template_test.html

I tried using Spherical Mercator example to fix these problems but I get the
message in firebug:

OpenLayers.Projection is not a constructor

for the line :
 map = new OpenLayers.Map( 'map' ,
            {projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913"),

I am using OL 2.5

Any help greatly appreciated !

Maria

If you're to display vector geometries atop a google layer, you'll
need to use SphericalMercator - see
<http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/SphericalMercator>.