[OpenLayers-Users] tile images and leading zeros

Xin xin at zenpow.com
Tue Feb 26 12:32:49 EST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to use OpenLayers with image times generated from
generate_tiles.py (mapnik folder of openstreetmap).

With my setup, OL is looking for the following files:
http://localhost:3000/tiles/basic/00/000/000/000/000/000/000.png
http://localhost:3000/tiles/basic/00/000/000/001/000/000/000.png

My tiles are:
http://localhost:3000/tiles/basic/0/0/0.png
etc.

There are two problems here:
1) OL is looking a deeper directory structural than I've got
2) OL is looking for files with leading zeros

My OL setup code:
layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.TileCache("TileCache Layer",
                ["http://localhost:3000/tiles"],
                "basic",
                {
                    'format': 'image/png',
                    maxResolution: 180/256 // same as the TileCache config
                }
          );

My generate_tiles.py setup code:
    bbox = (-180.0,-90.0,180.0,90.0)
    minZoom = 0
    maxZoom = 16
    render_tiles(bbox, mapfile, tile_dir, minZoom, maxZoom)

In generate_tiles.py, I am saving files by calling 'view.save..) as
suggested by OSM wiki.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Mapnik#Rendering_with_Mapnik

My image tiles are PNGs and 512x512.

I have been trying to solve this for a while. I'm pretty stuck now. Can
anyone shed some light on this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Xin