[OpenLayers-Users] new OpenLayers.Projection problem

MilesTogoe miles.togoe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 14:59:18 EST 2008

Maria Panagou wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I've downloaded from trunk the following scripts:
>
> Projection.js
> Layers.js
> Map.js
> Util.js
> Openlayers.js
>
> but i keep getting error in my OL code in firebug wherever a var = new
> Openlayers.Projection is present, saying that Openlayers.Projection isn't a
> constructor.
>
> Is there a way to download the whole trunk without using svn?

well, you could simply download each file in the openlayers.org/dev/lib
subdirectory but that's a pain.  You could try FTP as anonymous to
openlayers.org/dev .  Or depending what OS you're on, installing SVN is
quite easy in Ubuntu/RH/Fedora.  Then it's an easy terminal command to
checkout the trunk as shown on the download page.  It's not that big a
download.  And then you can use python to build a simple OpenLayers.js
file.   Then if you're short on disk space you can get rid of rest of
trunk (except for /img and /theme).   We don't even use SVN but it's
very handy to have installed to download source from other projects and
it doesn't take much space and it's easy to install.  I did all this the
other night in about 5 minutes.