[OpenLayers-Users] GML/vector layers in IE

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jan 4 17:41:52 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 05:38:16PM -0500, Dejung Gewissler wrote:
> Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> >>Pleaes don't send HTML email.
> >>
> Sorry about the email format. I've changed my email settings. Please let
> me know if it happens again.

No problem. If it had been particularly ardurous to read, I wouldn't
have responded in the first place -- my response was only so that you
don't get people like me brushing you off in the future :)

> This leaves the style/rule classifications not functioning properly in
> IE and the flicker/flash issue. My gut feeling is that my issue is not
> the same as #817 because the flicker is always back to the original
> location of the vector layer before the panning started, not by 5 or 10
> pixels. Of course I could be wrong.

You're right that this is not #817 -- the style rules are the only thing
that was affected by #817, Sorry about that. The other two issues are
definitely issues. The latter sounds familiar insofar as I know that
it's been reported as a bug before, but I'm not sure if it's been fixed.

I know nothing about the former, but I'm hopeful that you'll get a
response, since your example was pretty brief, so it seems like someone
with some knowledge and IE will be able to resolve it pretty quickly.
(I, unfortunately, have neither. :)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta