[OpenLayers-Users] IE7 vector flicker when panning

cmose cjmose at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 12:56:59 EST 2008

Yup, that's the issue precisely - I tried various combinations of
flicker/flash/bounce when searching track but forgot about blink.

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1257

Looks to me like it's happening in Vector.js moveTo, the layer div is
repositioned to match the new map extent using style.top and style.left and
this shifts the vml shape with the layer. The vml shape is then repositioned
using coordorigin attribute and it's shifted back to it's proper position.

Stepping through with firebug, the same problem does not *appear* to take
place with FF (I need to reverify this). I haven't actually looked at that
part of the svg yet to see what might be the difference (barring fundamental
differences between svg and vml) and why repositioning/shifting the layer
div in firefox leaves the svg element in place.