[OpenLayers-Users] Pink Tile Killing Me

Andrew de klerk andrew.deklerk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 01:19:37 EST 2008

I agree, a screenshot would help. Some comments from my side. From your
discussion, It sounds like it may be a mapserver problem, so perhaps check
the following:

1. You say you have tested the maserver WMS. How are you doing this? I would
consider installing udig and testing if you can access from there. From what
I recall Udig will only accept a properly configured map file. Quantum GIS
is a little more forgiving, but also useful to test your WMS from Mapserver.

2. How are you accessing your WMS. Are you using OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer
or OpenLayers.Layer.WMS? or are you going through tilecache?

3. Perhaps try: OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer.Untiled and see if that makes a
difference

4. Are you testing a production server or a development machine. It may just
be a resource issue.

Andrew