[OpenLayers-Users] Shifting a layer

Tyler Erickson tyler.erickson at mtu.edu
Wed Jan 16 09:12:10 EST 2008

I would rather see the image providers improve their image registration,
rather than focusing on how to manage the misregistration on the client
side.  Perhaps there is a need for an 'OpenGeoreferencing.org' site,
where users could submit ground control points for features in their
local vicinity.  If the data tile providers see that their image
registration efforts could be improved and are provided the gcp data to
do so, perhaps they would fix the registration issues.

just a thought...

--
Tyler A. Erickson, Ph.D.
Research Scientist