[OpenLayers-Users] getFeatureInfo request in new window + new map?

Maria Panagou snowdrop at ath.forthnet.gr
Mon Jan 21 18:25:17 EST 2008

Hi all,

supposedly i have 2 postgis tables "Earthquakes" and "Stations" which share
a common attribute e.g quake code. Having displayed a map in OL showing the
quakes, is it possible to click on an earthquake position and then openup a
new window with results of getFeatureInfo results (so far I've gone) AND on
the same window displaying a new OL map, showing only the selected quake
plus related stations that have recorded it?
This is something like querymap i guess but that would be a static image
showing only the quake not stations or other base/overlay layers. I would
like a fully functional map which could again be queried, e.g by clicking on
a station, to display the record from this station for the specific quake.

The problem with that i suppose is that OL must get its source wms from a
specific mapfile, but could the mapfile be dynamic, that is to say have a
filter on layer depending on html variable?

>From what i can imagine something like that couldn't be possible. Or is it?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.