[OpenLayers-Users] DOCTYPE / XHTML and fullScreen Mode

Jeff Yutzler jeff.yutzler at ionicenterprise.com
Wed Jan 23 13:27:15 EST 2008

Hello.
For a project I am working on, I was told to put the following block at
the top of the HTML file:

I don't really know what this thing does, but it breaks the concept of:
style=" height: 100%;"
that is required to make OpenLayers maps full screen.  To test this,
just insert the block into examples/fullScreen.html.  The page does not
behave properly in either Firefox 2 or IE7.
Can anyone explain what is going on here, or better yet, what to do
about it?
Thanks.
-Jeff