[OpenLayers-Users] Bug with custom markers?

Cranio cranio at quipo.it
Fri Jan 25 07:52:14 EST 2008

Thanks, I already spotted this by having a look at the source code, and mod'd
my code to:

feature = new OpenLayers.Feature(gmap,ll,{icon:new
OpenLayers.Icon('icon.png',size,offset)});

but still mouse clicks are not recognized.
Any other clue or similar issues out there?

> function aM(icon,lon,lat,id)
> {
>     var ll = gmap.forwardMercator(lon,lat);
>     feature = new OpenLayers.Feature(gmap,ll);
>     var marker = feature.createMarker();
>     marker.icon=icon; // <--- I HAD TO DO THIS WAY CUZ I USED
> feature.createMarker ... MAYBE I SHOULDN'T?

Correct, you shouldn't. Instead, the third property of your Feature()
object should be a 'data' hash with an icon variable:
  Feature(gmap, ll, {icon:new OpenLayers.Icon()})

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta