[OpenLayers-Users] Map backgroundimage

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Fri Jan 25 09:21:15 EST 2008

Xavier Rayo schrieb:

> I have a map that needs a lot of time to be loaded and i would like to
> know if there is any possibility to add a background image to the map,
> with an image that shows what you'll see in the map, while the  map is
> Is it possible?
> Does anybody knows a way to accelerate my map?
>
> thanks,
>
> xavi

Xavier,

1) there are kinds of start/end event you can dedicate to every object.
    just send a div to the map until the specific layer finished
(end-event) loading.
see also: http://openlayers.org/pipermail/trac/2007-July/002265.html

2) It might be helpful, if you would talk a little bit more about WHAT
kind of map-service is slowly (UMN, WMS, WFS, Text, .... ??)
;-)

Best regards, Till

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Irmintrudisstrasse 17