[OpenLayers-Users] shifting OL VirtualEarth from v4 to v5/6

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Mon Jan 28 11:55:16 EST 2008

List, dear Paul,
still hacking on convetting ol from v4 to v5/6

I just found that:

##########
Hi all,

Just realised I //***************** then wrong line it should be:

var pixel = new VEPixel(x,y);

If you look at the original code it stated:

return new Msn.VE.Pixel(x, y);

Therefore I would have expected this would have been the code replacement
but it does not work..

Cheers,

Paul....

########################

As we have the same problem, I found out, that there are at least two
changes necessary so start up
our client without errors:

VirtualEarth.js

Line 202:
from:
return this.mapObject.PixelToLatLong(moPixel.x, moPixel.y);

to:
return this.mapObject.PixelToLatLong(new VEPixel(moPixel.x, moPixel.y), 1);

AND

Line 318:
from:
return new Msn.VE.Pixel(x, y);

to:
return new VEPixel(x,y);

But the problem Paul pointed out still resist:
I see a map, get no errors while loading, but the controls pan/ and drag
zoombox don't work properly.
Using the drag-zoombox control leads to uncontrolled zooming, panning
just does nothing!

Is there anybody of the guys implemented the VE-layer who probably has
an idea, where
this problem could resist from?

Regards, Till

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG