[OpenLayers-Users] Switch of Projection (sphericalMercator)

DiscoBoy trojan77 at gmx.net
Thu Jan 31 10:08:15 EST 2008

Hi!

My final hope lies in you as I have been struggling around since 2 days now
with OL. I try to use several baseLayers in my Map, that have different
projections(GoogleMaps/WMS). Additionally I want to overlay these baseLayers
with external data (e.g. WMS layer/Vetor).

To achieve a fitting WMS overlay with GoogleMaps I have to use
sphericalMercator projection (= EPSG:900913). Now I also want to have
baseLayers without spericalMercator (--> EPSG:4326) and easily switch
between these baseLayers. Therefor I listen for the
event(map.changebaselayer) and then call a function
"resetMapProjection(thenewlayer)".

The function already notifies me if the new baseLayer
(thenewlayer.sphericalMercator) is true or not, so I can distinguish if the
baseLayer I'm switching too needs to have (EPSG:4326) or (EPSG:900913)
settings.

				function resetMapProjection(thenewlayer) {
					if(map.getLayer(thenewlayer.sphericalMercator == true) {
						map.setOptions({
							projection: "EPSG:900913",
							displayProjection: "EPSG:4326",
							units: "m",
							maxResolution: 156543.0339,
							maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(-20037508, -20037508, 20037508,
20037508.34)
						});
					}
					else {
						map.setOptions({
							projection: "EPSG:4326",
							displayProjection: "EPSG:4326",
							units: "dd",
						});
					}
					map.getLayer(thenewlayer).redraw();
				}

Unfortunately the newly drawn map simply does not use the new map settings!
After the layer-switch I end up having a new map which has been set to
meters or degrees (or so on), but I can't make the new baseLayer to be
rendered using these new settings (Also "redraw()" does not work).
ggggggrrrrrr....I feel and the end of my wisdom :-(

And appreciate any hints!
Thank you!